Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Very happy with my new Tower

So I finally got around to building up my system with this new tower, as Antec 600 series.  I like  the look of it, and with the included fans (a 140mm fan up top, and a 120mm fan in the rear) it manages to be nearly silent (as well as running much cooler).

Here I am putting the hard drive in, still have to install the CPU cooler and video card.

Many small connections need to be made in order for the power, reset buttons and indicator lights to work properly.  I am routing these so they will less visible through the side window...
This fan has an open design, but you need to be especially careful to keep wires, etc. out of the fan's path.  A few zip ties will do the trick.
Ahh, the finished product.  With the extra cooling help, this one runs quiet and cool, with temps (even on hot days) in the high 30-low 40's C.  An extra fan bay on the window gives optional direct cooling for the video card.

No comments:

Post a Comment