Friday, May 20, 2011

New laptop for my wife

I am hoping to share my knowledge of computers and helping others to help others avoid some of these pitfalls.  Just so that you can know a little about me, I am a computer gamer-turned computer technician-turned small business owner.

My most recent project was refurbishing an HP laptop for my wife.  This was a dv6 series laptop, and it had a bad LCD panel, which had been damaged, and needed replacement.  As luck would have it, I had a different HP (this one a dv6000) that had a nearly identical screen.  A quick check revealed that the LCD panel I had was a perfect match for my wife's PC, and all I had to do was to also transfer the LCD inverter along with the LCD panel.  Everything went smoothly and the laptop worked really well, but I decided to upgrade it to Windows 7.

After running the Win 7 upgrade adviser, and receiving "no problems" from it, I decided to proceed.

No comments:

Post a Comment